10/31/17: Medical Marijuana E-News Update for PA, DE, USA
Cancer, Opioid Crisis, PTSD/Veterans, DE/PA/USA News
Hello everyone! This month's e-newsletter covers four big topics: Cancer, the Opioid Crisis, PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), and news updates on Pennsylvania and Delaware's medical marijuana programs. First, my medical marijuana discussion with Rick Simpson - creator of Rick Simpson Oil, which has promising results in the treatment of cancer. Later, you can find those updates about Pennsylvania medical marijuana cards in Topic 5, below. Speaking of that, I've got my own medical marijuana card now, which means that I can be more "hands-on" about marijuana and its forms and uses. I hope you find this month's e-newsletter informative, and thank you for sharing the information with others.
- Discussion with Rick Simpson on Treating Cancer
- An Alternative to Addictive, Harmful Opioid Drugs
- Dr. Roman gets his Medical Marijuana Card, Smoking Marijuana Online Video
- PTSD, Veterans and FAQ by Dr. Turgeon
- Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Update
- Recent Media Interviews and Links of Interest
- Contact Matthew Roman, MD
(1) Discussion on Medical Marijuana and Cancer Treatment with Rick Simpson
It seems as if Rick Simpson (2) has become a household name these days. Rick is the creator of Rick Simpson Oil, a form of marijuana that has been showing some promising results in the treatment of cancer. My experience has taught me that people with wild ideas, regardless of whether the ideas are true or not, often have something unique and special about them, which can sometimes make it challenging to gain an accurate understanding of their ideas and research.
“A Cure for Cancer”
I was once a skeptic of any form of alternative medicine. Today, I'm a strong proponent of medical marijuana, as an alternative and integrative component of my medical practice. There have been things that I've seen in my patients that I would have considered miracles in my past career (which was focused almost solely upon the use of allopathic treatment methods). Mr. Simpson said the word "cure" a lot during our conversation. Unlike other alternative medicine proponents claiming a cure for cancer, this time around, I think there may be some truth to this.
Researchers have known for decades that cannabis inhibits cancer growth. Continue reading online...
(2) An Alternative to Addictive, Harmful Opioid Drugs
"Last year, we lost at least 64,000 Americans to overdoses --175 lost American lives per day. That's 7 lost lives per hour, in our country. Drug overdoses are now the leading cause of unintentional deaths in the United States, by far. More people are dying from drug overdoses today than from gun homicides and motor vehicles combined. These overdoses are driven by a massive increase in addiction to prescription pain killers, heroin, and other opioids. Last year, almost 1 million Americans used heroin, and more than 11 million abused prescription opioids. The United States is, by far, the largest consumer of these drugs, using more opioid pills per person than any other country, by far, in the world. As Americans, we cannot allow this to continue. It's time to liberate our communities from this scourge of drug addiction, never been this way. We can be the generation that ends the opioid epidemic. We can do it." Read more...
Medical marijuana is a gateway out drug from opioid use. Dr. Matthew Roman, M.D., has been very successful getting patients off of opioid drugs and/or reducing their need for these drugs through the use of medical marijuana.
Related video on Fox News featuring Dr. Oz, 9/17/17: Dr. Oz Says Medical Marijuana Could Help Solve Opioid Addiction.
"People think it's a gateway drug to narcotics. It may be the exit drug to get us out of the narcotic epidemic."
Dr. Roman has been stating this exact thing for years...
"Nature's Way Medicine has proven that medical marijuana is a gateway drug. America has a narcotic problem like never before seen and one way out is through marijuana treatment. For this reason, we call medical marijuana a "Gateway Out" drug." Matthew Roman, MD. (From his 2016 Review, January 9th, 2017).
Contact Dr. Roman to set up an appointment to access medical marijuana in Delaware or Pennsylvania.
Join the Facebook group: Cannabis - A Gateway OUT to support the re-labeling of cannabis as an alternative to pain medications and a way out of the opioid crisis.
Daily Local News Article, 5/8/17: "Experts at Pennsylvania Conference Say Cannibus Can Help Fight Opioid Epidemic"
(3) Dr. Roman gets his Medical Marijuana Card, Smoking Marijuana Online Video
Recently, I drove to Dover, Delaware, to pick up my Medical Marijuana Card from the State of Delaware's Jesse S. Cooper Building, home of Delaware Health and Social Services.
Some medical marijuana therapy and a highly informative video followed...
View the full video on Facebook...
Contact Nature's Way Medicine to set up an appointment for your medical marijuana card consultation or for other healthcare concerns.
(4) PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) and Medical Marijuana for Veterans
PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) has become a significant and major problem for our veterans. And, this statistic needs to change immediately. Our Delaware Nature's Way Medicine clinic location sets aside a day every month solely for helping veterans and others with PTSD. At our Delaware location, Dr. Mark Turgeon specializes in PTSD. Dr. Surgeon's next veterans/PTSD day is this Saturday, November 4th. Appointments can be scheduled online, or by phone (855-420-3627), and walk-ins are also welcome. PTSD FAQs...
Thank you, to all of the veterans who have fought for our freedoms, including the right to access the healthcare methods of our own choosing!
Posted outside of our Philly Clinic location (5 blocks away from the Liberty Bell and the National Constitution Center, and 1 block away from the Betsy Ross House) and inside both locations: The Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.
(5) Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Update
The below video provides information on getting a Pennsylvania medical marijuana card based on the currently known information.
Be sure to subscribe to the Nature's Way Medicine YouTube channel to receive the latest news on this topic.
The next step for Pennsylvania patients will likely be to sign up to the Pennsylvania Department of Health Medical Marijuana website by creating a username and password. Once online, patients will be able to login and see a list of doctors to choose from. Patients who want to see Dr. Roman should have their doctors' offices fax our office their progress notes from the last year to 855-696-3299, then schedule an appointment online, or call our office (855-420-DOCS) to do so. Make sure to do this after you verify that the offices have faxed the progress notes. That way a second visit isn't necessary to verify you for your card! Remember, consultations are still $200 at the Philadelphia office and $100 for follow-ups. No insurance is taken, so bring cash or cards (no checks).
(6) Recent Media Interviews and Links of Interest
- Nature's Way Medicine's 9/5/17 Medical Marijuana E-news: Update for PA, DE and the USA - Info on Medical Marijuana Access for Patients, Physician Training Certifications, and Approved Healthcare Conditions for Use
- Medical Marijuana Approved Healthcare Conditions Throughout the U.S., Chart by Conditions per State (over 60 healthcare conditions)
- Healthline.com Article on Insomnia, Interview with Dr. Matthew Roman: "Can You Use Cannibus to Restore Your Natural Sleep Cycle?"
- American Herbal Pharmacopoeia release: "Cannabis in the Management and Treatment of Seizures and Epilepsy: A Scientific Review"
- Interview with Dr. James A. Duke on 7/25/17: "The Health and Medicinal Properties of Hemp/Cannabis/Medical Marijuana."
- Fox News, Philly - Article and Video Interview, 11/15/16: "Pennsylvania’s First Medical Marijuana Practitioner Sets Up Shop In Old City"
- News Journal - Article and Video Interview, 9/2/16: "Delaware Medical Marijuana Patients in Limbo"
(7) Contact Matthew Roman, MD, (primary care physician and medical marijuana expert) for questions
Wishing you the best of health!
Matthew Roman, MD
Nature's Way Medicine
Delaware: 1224 N King St., Wilmington, DE 19801
Pennsylvania: 131 N 4th St., Philadelphia, PA 19106
Clinic: 855-420-3627 (855-420-DOCS)
Connect on Social Networks for the Latest News Updates and Commentary: