The Nature’s Way Medicine Mission
Below are the three components of our corporate mission.
1. Integrating Medical Marijuana and Primary Care
- Incorporation of medical marijuana and cannabis treatment into conventional and traditional measures while educating the public and physicians so that one day everyone has access to medical marijuana with their healthcare.
- Our ultimate goal for individual patients is to Increase their Quality of Life – something forgotten by today’s standards of care.
2. Value-Based, Cost-Effective System
- We choose to decline health insurance and ask that our patients pay out of pocket because we believe strongly that involving third-party payments, like health insurance reimbursements by HMOs, is at the root of American healthcare failure.
- Our prices are appraised at the value felt to be fair and worth our services to patients.
Appointment payments encompass the entire cost of care: a valiant achievement in modern America. There is no middle-man and transactions are strictly from the patient and client to the doctor and clinic providing their service in return.
3. Eradicating Inequality
- This final mission of Nature’s Way Medicine may seem bizarre but it has been chosen to remind us all that inequality is ubiquitous in American society and affects how we care for our patients and honor our neighbors.
- Nature’s Way will retain this mission goal and continue to advocate for equal rights for all regardless of race, gender, income, education, disability, or any other label.
Additional Notes and Expectations
- Paramount is a science-based medical approach to all patient care. This enforces a firm belief in our practice. Our purpose is simple – to improve the health of our patients. This includes both their length of life and their quality of life.
- Ensuring our patients are compliant with current guidelines for screening of high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. If necessary, referring patients quickly to specialists, blood tests and imaging studies.
- Education of the general public about common health conditions and physicians about medical marijuana therapy in primary care practice and for specific diseases.
- Research by collecting data from our patients. We ask our patients to volunteer their outcomes, confidentially, so that we can add to the long-overdue data needed for establishing the risks and benefits of alternative therapy.
- Cost-effective care. Modern healthcare has put an unlimited price on longevity of life, insulating physicians from patient costs and blinding them from the consequences this has on their quality of life and overall stress and long-term health. The concept of “Value” in medicine is a distant memory… We do not play this game. We discuss options with the patient to reach a mutual decision. Not all want this, and we accommodate to each individual.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME). We will always stay up to date with the most recent research and adjust our practice accordingly.
- Blunt, honest truths and advice. No beating around the bush.