These instructions how to get a medical marijuana card are for new Nature’s Way Medicine® Pennsylvania patients who have not yet registered on the Department of Health’s website. Once registered, they will have a username and password to login and pay the final $50 to the department of health for their medical marijuana card. The payment can only be done once they have seen the doctor at Nature’s Way Medicine®.
1. Register with Department of Health
Important Information before You Register
There are very specific requirements you must follow when typing your information to register on the Department of Health’s PA Medical Marijuana Program website. They are listed below and discussed in the video above. Please check that you are following all of these instructions before you click the button to submit. If you submit your information incorrectly twice, you will be blocked for 24-48hrs.
- You must have a current Pennsylvania state ID with PennDOT (driver’s license or non-driver’s state ID). Have it in front of you because you will need it.
- Make sure PennDOT has your most current address on file (The PA Medical Marijuana Program will only mail your patient card to the most current address PennDOT has on file)
- If your PennDOT ID is expired or going to expire within the next 90 days, you must have it renewed before it will allow you to register.
- A laptop or desktop computer is necessary (NOT ipad/cellphone)
- Use Internet Explorer or Chrome (NOT Safari) as your internet browsing application.
- All information (except your email, password and username) MUST be typed in ALL CAPITALS.
- Type all information EXACTLY how it is on your drivers license, including the specific abbreviations (STREET vs ST, or PHILA vs PHILADELPHIA).
- Date of Birth must be in MM/DD/YYYY format (NOT MM/DD/YY).
- DO NOT put in a middle name or middle initial, even if it is on your ID. Leave it blank.
- If you have a hyphenated name, you must include the hyphen symbol (-)
- Your password MUST have: an Uppercase Letter, a lower case letter, a number, a special character (!@#$%, etc.), and be at least eight letters/numbers long. KEEP THIS INFORMATION HANDY. You will need it to login to the patient portal to pay for the card after the doctor submits your certification and every time you renew your card.
- Very Rare Situation – If all else fails, look for an accidental extra space somewhere on your ID and type it in when you register.
- You will know your registration is successful if it tells you your information has been verified with PennDOT and you are provided a Patient ID #.
If none of this works, email the PA Medical Marijuana Program at PAMMPsupport@mjfreeway.com; They usually respond within a few business days. You can also try calling the Help Desk Number (888) 733-5595; the auto message may provide tips on registering, or you can leave a message and wait for a call back. While you wait for a response, login to the PennDot website and check if your information is the same there. If not, type it in as they have it on the PA marijuana program registration page. If that doesn’t work, a dispensary in South Philadelphia offers patients support by helping them register with an on-site computer. Herbology’s information is on our dispensary list.
Once you are ready, you can click the link below but don’t forget to read the rest of these instructions when you are done.
2. Bring/Fax/Email Records to Nature’s Way Medicine
Ask your doctors office to fax us your records before your appointment (fax: 855-696-3299). Alternatively, bring them with you to the appointment or email them to us.
3. Schedule Video Appointment Online
Schedule your appointment online to see one of our doctors. (CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE)
4. Fill out Telemedicine Intake forms and email them to us
We need you to download the intake forms before your appointment since we are doing the appointments virtually. The forms can be downloaded HERE.
Also, send us a copy of your drivers license. Our email is email@example.com.
5. Send us a message on Skype app
Since Covid-19, the appointments are done over video now so send us a message on the Skype app with your name so we can call you at the time of your appointment. Our username on there is matthewroman1 (it should say Natures Way as the name). If you prefer to have an in-person appointment, let us know and we can do that for you.
After the doctor sees you for your appointment and agrees that you are qualified for a marijuana card, the doctor approves you through the Department of Health website, you will receive an email notifying you of this so you can pay for your card.
6. Pay Online and Over the Phone
We will take your payment over the phone after your video appointment.
Also pay $50 for your card on the Department of Health website. That can be done after the doctor is done approving you online (usually by the end of the business day).
Once paid, your card will be mailed to you. You should receive it in 5-10 business days.
Most patients are approved for a year. We recommend Pennsylvania patients make a follow up appointment within 4-6 weeks of their card’s expiration date to ensure their medical marijuana card does not expire.
Remember, here’s how to schedule your appointments online with our booking calendar!
Check out our list of dispensaries to see which one is closest to you.
Copyright Nature’s Way Medicine® 2017.