These instructions for getting a medical marijuana card are for new Nature’s Way Medicine Pennsylvania patients who have not yet registered on the Department of Health’s website. Once registered, you will have a username and password to login and pay the final $50 to the department of health for your medical marijuana card. The payment can only be done once you have seen the doctor at Nature’s Way Medicine.
1. Register with Department of Health
Important Information before You Register
There are very specific requirements you must follow when typing your information to register on the Department of Health’s PA Medical Marijuana Program website. They are listed below and discussed in the video above. Please check that you are following all of these instructions before you click the button to submit. If you submit your information incorrectly twice, you will be blocked for 24-48hrs.
- You must have a current Pennsylvania state ID with PennDOT (driver’s license or non-driver’s state ID). Have it in front of you because you will need it.
- Make sure PennDOT has your most current address on file (The PA Medical Marijuana Program will only mail your patient card to the most current address PennDOT has on file)
- If your PennDOT ID is expired or going to expire within the next 90 days, you must have it renewed before it will allow you to register.
- A laptop or desktop computer is necessary (NOT ipad/cellphone)
- Use Internet Explorer or Chrome (NOT Safari) as your internet browsing application.
- All information (except your email, password and username) MUST be typed in ALL CAPITALS.
- Type all information EXACTLY how it is on your drivers license, including the specific abbreviations (STREET vs ST, or PHILA vs PHILADELPHIA).
- Date of Birth must be in MM/DD/YYYY format (NOT MM/DD/YY).
- DO NOT put in a middle name or middle initial, even if it is on your ID. Leave it blank.
- If you have a hyphenated name, you must include the hyphen symbol (-)
- Your password MUST have: an Uppercase Letter, a lower case letter, a number, a special character (!@#$%, etc.), and be at least eight letters/numbers long. KEEP THIS INFORMATION HANDY. You will need it to login to the patient portal to pay for the card after the doctor submits your certification and every time you renew your card.
- Very Rare Situation – If all else fails, look for an accidental extra space somewhere on your ID and type it in when you register.
- You will know your registration is successful if it tells you your information has been verified with PennDOT and you are provided a Patient ID #.
If none of this works, email the PA Medical Marijuana Program at PAMMPsupport@mjfreeway.com. They usually respond within a few business days. You can also try calling the Help Desk Number (888) 733-5595; the auto message may provide tips on registering, or you can leave a message and wait for a call back. Tip- If you click extension 6 and then extension 9, it will take you to an actual human being.
While you wait for a response, login to the PennDot website and check if your information is the same there. If not, type it in as they have it on the PA marijuana program registration page. If that doesn’t work, a dispensary in South Philadelphia offers patients support by helping them register with an on-site computer. Herbology’s information is on our dispensary list.
Once you are ready, you can click the link below but don’t forget to read the rest of these instructions when you are done.
2. Bring/Fax/Email Records to Nature’s Way Medicine
Ask your doctors office to fax us your records before your appointment (fax: 855-696-3299). Alternatively, bring them with you to the appointment or email them to us.
3. Schedule In-Person or Video Appointment Online
Schedule your appointment online to see one of our doctors. (CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE)
4. Pay Online or In-Person
Payments can be madeover the phone after your video appointment or while you are here for your in-person appointment.
Also, pay $50 for your card on the Department of Health website. That can be done after the doctor is done approving you online (usually by the end of the business day).
Once paid, your card will be mailed to you. You should receive it in 5-10 business days.
Most patients are approved for a year. We recommend Pennsylvania patients make a follow up appointment within 4-6 weeks of their card’s expiration date to ensure their medical marijuana card does not expire.
Remember, here’s schedule your marijuana card appointments online by clicking the Sign-Up button on our booking calendar page!
Check out our list of dispensaries to see which one is closest to you.
Copyright Nature’s Way Medicine 2021.